none
KSPROPERTY_JACK_DESCRIPTION2 and extra device... RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with a Windows 8 bluetooth audio driver where I've has to implement support for JACK_DESCRIPTION2 in-order to pass WHQL. I notice that after supporting this property, two devices appear in the device manager. Is it possible to avoid having this second device added, while also supporting the JACK_DESCRIPTION2 property? BTW, I've already tested without supporting this property, and only one device shows up. Thanks.

I've included a screenshot of the devices I see:

• Edited by David.Jolly Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:48 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:48 PM

All replies

• Can you clarify, are you implementing a Bluetooth audio profile driver (for HFP or A2DP)? Or are you implementing a Bluetooth audio "sideband" driver? Your problem suggests there is an issue with PnP container IDs somewhere, but I would need a little more detail about what sort of driver you are implementing in order to help further.
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 2:19 AM
  • Hi Frank,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm developing an A2DP bluetooth audio driver.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:30 PM
  • Okay. A few more questions and comments.

Are you sure those are actually for the same Bluetooth device? There will be an icon for every paired Bluetooth device there. So try right-click removing all of them and then re-pairing your one device again to see if you still end up with two icons for your one Bluetooth device.

Is your driver written for the Windows 8 Bluetooth stack or are you running on some other Bluetooth stack (say, from Broadcom or someone else) that has been installed onto Windows?

Assuming you are writing an A2DP profile driver for the Windows 8 Bluetooth stack, then be sure that your driver does *not* support KSPROPERTY_JACK_CONTAINERID. There is no need for your driver to support this, and supporting it might cause incorrect items to show up in Devices.

• Edited by Frank Yer Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:35 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 8:02 PM
  • Yes, I am working with a bluetooth audio profile driver (a2dp) in the windows bluetooth stack. However, it seem that WHQL requires support for KSPROPERTY_JACK_DESCRIPTION2.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:34 PM
  • Sorry, I meant KSPROPERTY_JACK_CONTAINERID. I edited my last reply to correct it.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:36 PM