Unable to convert from accdb to accde RRS feed

• Question

• When I convert accdb to accde ACcess file using make accde option,I'm getting error message that "Microsoft ACcess was unable to create .accde,.mde or .ade file.Please help me to convert .I suspect its because of huge files 

In the details error message it shown that 

This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file.  Because of the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table.  The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time.  Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc).
    There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE.  However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used.
    Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:47 PM

All replies

• First of all, make a backup.

Then run compact and repair.

How big is the compacted file?

When it's really hitting those internal limits, then the only choice is to split your application over multiple files.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:04 PM
  • You may receive this error message if either of the following conditions are true:

- There is an error in the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code that prevents you from compiling the database or project. <- This is almost always the case for me.
     - There is a reference to an Access database (.mdb/.accdb) or an Access project (.adp).

Hope this helps!

Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:32 PM
  • Agree with Mark.

Ensure you have Require Variable Declaration ticked in the VBE options and that you have the line Option Explicit as the second line in ALL code modules. Then compile your project, fix any compile errors and, only after that, try again to convert to ACCDE

Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:23 PM