which is not allowed since they need to be compiled together RRS feed

• Question

• User-889146944 posted

I have downloaded the extended Club site, created a new site via the normal club site and copied the all extended files to the new website. I changed my webconfig file so that it uses my SQL2005 server. Attached the club.mdb db to SQL2005. When I CTRL + F5 I get an error "The files '/YeboGolf.com/App_Code/ImageHandling.cs' and '/YeboGolf.com/App_Code/PageNumberer.vb' use a different language, which is not allowed since they need to be compiled together." After spending quite some time googling, I found a fix that told me I should create a subdirecotry and and add this to the webconfi file:
    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <compilation>
    <codeSubDirectories>
    <add directoryName="Subdirectory"/>
    </codeSubDirectories>
    </compilation>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

I should then copy all the same files to this directory, i.e. .cs files in the subdirectory. Done this. I now get the same error:"The files '/YeboGolf.com/App_Code/csharp/ImageHandling.cs' and '/YeboGolf.com/App_Code/PageNumberer.vb' use a different language, which is not allowed since they need to be compiled together."

What am I missing here!?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:34 PM

All replies

• User1564875471 posted

Make sure you don't placed a different code language  files in the same directory , every directory must have a unique language ....

Also , the Directory name is incorect ,

<codeSubDirectories>
    <add directoryName="csharp"/>
    </codeSubDirectories>

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:16 PM
  • User-889146944 posted

HI Anas,

I have double checked that only .cs files are in the "csharp" directory and only .vb files in the app_code folder. The only other file in the app_code is the dataset.xsd.

I still get:
    The files '/YeboGolf.com/App_Code/csharp/ImageHandling.cs' and '/YeboGolf.com/App_Code/PageNumberer.vb' use a different language, which is not allowed since they need to be compiled together.

This is driving me insane! Is there a download that I can get my hands on that does not include the csharp files so that I don't have this problem?

Thanks for you help thusfar.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:55 AM
  • User1564875471 posted

Again , The specified directory  name in code sub directry section is incorrect ( it must be "csharp")

Please use this

<codeSubDirectories>
    <add directoryName="csharp"/>
    </codeSubDirectories>

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:14 AM
  • User-1228233955 posted

please replace your old code in web.config file with new code that I have given.

your old code: <add directoryName="Subdirectory"/>

New Code: <add directoryName="csharp"/>

Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:06 AM