Test Agents seen in the Test manager but not in the load test run RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are running a load test for 1000 concurrent users and having trouble simulating more than 400 users. So installed 2 agents. These agents are available in the Test manager for manipulation. We are able assigned the percentage of the load to the agents. But during the load run we are not able to see the agents in the load test controller and agent graph.

Are we missing any steps in between.

Thanks in advance.

Liz Robs

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:21 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to know where you want to run or have run load test. From Visual Studio IDE or in a lab environment in MTM.

I assume that you have run load test in a lab environment in MTM. If you mean that you can see test agents in the controller and agent graph in the .trx file generated after test case run, whether you can see some results in other graphs such as Key Indicators and Test Response Time? As far as I know, Controller and Agents graph show Information about the computers on which the load tests run. This includes data about memory use, the processor, the physical disk, processes. By default Only the Available Mbytes and Processor Time counters are collected. I think that you should see the data lines/points instead of test agents name from the graph.

If possible, you can provide us a screenshot about the controller and agent graph so that we can further look at this issue.

In addition, I suggest that you try to check Controller and Agents in Counter under those graph to see if you can see some information about controller and agent.

If still no help, I suggest that you try to run load test locally from VS IDE to check if you can get information from Controller and Agent graph.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:15 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to know where you want to run or have run load test. From Visual Studio IDE or in a lab environment in MTM.

I assume that you have run load test in a lab environment in MTM. If you mean that you can see test agents in the controller and agent graph in the .trx file generated after test case run, whether you can see some results in other graphs such as Key Indicators and Test Response Time? As far as I know, Controller and Agents graph show Information about the computers on which the load tests run. This includes data about memory use, the processor, the physical disk, processes. By default Only the Available Mbytes and Processor Time counters are collected. I think that you should see the data lines/points instead of test agents name from the graph.

If possible, you can provide us a screenshot about the controller and agent graph so that we can further look at this issue.

In addition, I suggest that you try to check Controller and Agents in Counter under those graph to see if you can see some information about controller and agent.

If still no help, I suggest that you try to run load test locally from VS IDE to check if you can get information from Controller and Agent graph.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:15 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:06 AM
  • Hello,

I am marking useful reply as answer. If the suggestion can’t help you, you can come back and unmark it as answer. If you have anything unclear, please feel free to come back and ask me.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:15 AM