Onboard sound card doesn't seem to like Vista RRS feed

• Question

• So here's the deal, back in XP I had sound, it was pretty awesome. When I upgraded to vista it starts telling me "no audio output device installed" so I checked the drivers, tried to update them, uninstalled them and reinstalled, installed a different set of drivers, had Vista relocate my hardware, checked the BIOS to see if it was still seeing my audio device made sure I had all the windows updates, googled it and checked every vista website I could find.

Still no luck, it's telling me that my on board sound card on my P5GD2 ASUS Mother Board doesn't exist. and Asus tells me that my mother board isn't in there product catalog (I can find it in google and in several hardware websites such as memory express) Suggestions?
    Monday, April 16, 2007 3:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:10 PM
  • I am having pretty much the same problem.

IVe done everything I can think of doing.

When I goto my sound in Vista, it shows my Digital Output Device is working, and when playing sounds it shows over to the right on the sound bar that the computer recognizes there is sound playing, it just wont come out of my speakers or headset.  
    Monday, April 23, 2007 6:17 PM
  • ive had the same problem everything that worked with xp is now incompatible with vista my soundcard and even my wireless dongle doesnt work my webcam is incompatible why did bill gates realise this when he obviously knew that xp hardware wouldnt work.

help me please

Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:56 AM
  • This forum is for media foundation development questions.  For technical support, a good place to look for help is in one of the Windows Vista discussion groups:  http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 10:42 PM