How to detect defect of bottle? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Do I want to ask how to detect the defect of a bottle using vb. net?

Is it involve any formula?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

what kind of defect? Is it a visible defect? So you could use image processing techniques to detect it? And is your bottle visible from all sides, or being rotated while being photgraphed?

If you have the image(s) of an intact bottle, you could analyze its structure and compare that structure to the image(s) of the test (maybe defect) bottle (if its a visual defect).

As a starting point you could eg. just subtract the derivatives of both images and analyze the results.

Regards,

Thorsten

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Hi,

what kind of defect? Is it a visible defect? So you could use image processing techniques to detect it? And is your bottle visible from all sides, or being rotated while being photgraphed?

If you have the image(s) of an intact bottle, you could analyze its structure and compare that structure to the image(s) of the test (maybe defect) bottle (if its a visual defect).

As a starting point you could eg. just subtract the derivatives of both images and analyze the results.

Regards,

Thorsten

Yes. It is visible defect using image processing technique. The image is in 2D only and without rotated it. Below is my sample image.
    • Edited by Bella67 Friday, September 23, 2016 7:50 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2016 7:49 AM

• Below is my sample image.

Hi,

do you have a picture of a bottle with a typical defect? So we could compare both pictures.

Regards,

Thorsten

Friday, September 23, 2016 11:00 AM

• Below is my sample image.

Hi,

do you have a picture of a bottle with a typical defect? So we could compare both pictures.

Regards,

Thorsten

Hi

what is mean by typical defect?

Monday, September 26, 2016 2:07 AM

• Hi

what is mean by typical defect?

Hi,

just a bottle with a defect to compare with the intact bottle.

Regards,

Thorsten

Monday, September 26, 2016 3:57 AM
  • Hi Bella,

It seems you could compare the two different images, you could refer the link below for more information.

#Comparing Two Images in C#

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/domgreen/2009/09/06/comparing-two-images-in-c/

#Algorithm to compare two images in C#

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35151067/algorithm-to-compare-two-images-in-c-sharp

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:03 AM