Group Report Items RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create report which more or less looks like any consumer statements. Meaning, I need to display"Bill To address" and "bill number" on the report for each bill number. Then I need to provide details for each bill number.

I need to repeat this for each bill number.

Here is the example

BillTo

Clark

1111, Noth St

New york

USA

Bill Number:111111

Line Items        Qty       amount

1                           1         1000

2                           2          2000

Repeat above for customer 2

BillTo

John

1111, Noth St

New york

USA

Bill Number:111111

Line Items        Qty       amount

1                           2         500

2                           2          2000

I am using text boxes for address and placing on report body and I am using table for the detail.

I don't know how to group these report items to repeat for each Bill Number.

Please help.

• Moved by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:37 PM Not a SQL Server Samples and Community Projects question (From:SQL Server Samples and Community Projects)
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:24 PM

Answers

• Use the List control. It is a special table control that allows you to add multiple text boxes, images, etc in the details cell and define your own layout. By default there is no row group defined but you can add a row group. Lay out the "bill" in the details cell then add a group on your bill number and it will repeat for each bill number. Adding the group will add a group cell to the left of the detail. If you don't want that group cell you can delete it and specify not to delete the associated group.
    • Edited by Tim Pacl Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:23 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Syed Qazafi Anjum Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:34 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:22 AM

All replies

• This is the SQL Server Samples and Community Projects forum.  Given that your question appears to relate to SSRS, i will move it to a more appropriate forum.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:42 PM
  • Use the List control. It is a special table control that allows you to add multiple text boxes, images, etc in the details cell and define your own layout. By default there is no row group defined but you can add a row group. Lay out the "bill" in the details cell then add a group on your bill number and it will repeat for each bill number. Adding the group will add a group cell to the left of the detail. If you don't want that group cell you can delete it and specify not to delete the associated group.
    • Edited by Tim Pacl Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:23 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Syed Qazafi Anjum Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:34 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:22 AM