none
Outlook Form Region access in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to acess my custom Form Region from add-in. I tried it from add-in startup event, but there is no my Form Region yet in Globals.FormRegions. Form Region initializing event goes after startup event. There is no problem to access my Form Region on the ItemSend event. How can I access my Form Region just after it will be initialized?

Thanks in advance,

Maxim

Monday, September 29, 2014 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hello Maxim,

See Accessing a Form Region at Run Time .

Outlook Form Regions provides the FormRegionInitializing event. When you add an Outlook Form Region item to an Outlook add-in project, Visual Studio adds a form region factory class to the project that implements the IFormRegionFactory interface. As part of this class, Visual Studio declares an event named FormRegionInitializing.

Also you may try to handle the Expanded event of the FormRegion class. It is fired when the form region expands or collapses. Outlook always first loads a form region in an expanded state and sets IsExpanded to True. If the initial state of the form region is to be collapsed, then Outlook immediately closes the form region, fires the Expanded event with the Expand parameter being False, and sets  IsExpanded to False.

• Marked as answer by Maksidrom Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:25 AM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 3:27 PM