I get error when i try to deploy my cubes. Please help me as i am new RRS feed

• Question

• hey!!!!

I tried to deploy my cubes but got these error on visual studio 2012. Please help me as i am new and i dont understand what to do. Errors are listed below.

Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.

OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Cannot open database "datawarehouse" requested by the login. The login failed.; 42000.

Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Datawarehouse', Name of 'Datawarehouse'.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Customer', Name of 'Customer' was being processed.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Cust Id' attribute of the 'Customer' dimension from the 'dwCube' database was being processed.

Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Cannot open database "datawarehouse" requested by the login. The login failed.; 42000.

Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Datawarehouse', Name of 'Datawarehouse'.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Route', Name of 'Route' was being processed.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Route Id' attribute of the 'Route' dimension from the 'dwCube' database was being processed.

Friday, May 26, 2017 12:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Nida,

Thanks for your question.

Please double click on the data source.

Then click on "Impersonation Information"

And then  use the option " Use specific windows user name and password" ,please enter an account which have permission to the underlying database and your ssas server. Please do not use the option "Use the service account" and "use the credentials of current user".

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Nida Akram Sunday, June 11, 2017 8:16 AM
    Friday, May 26, 2017 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Nida,

Thanks for your question.

Please double click on the data source.

Then click on "Impersonation Information"

And then  use the option " Use specific windows user name and password" ,please enter an account which have permission to the underlying database and your ssas server. Please do not use the option "Use the service account" and "use the credentials of current user".

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Nida Akram Sunday, June 11, 2017 8:16 AM
    Friday, May 26, 2017 12:30 PM
  • I still get error after changing my Impersonation Information settings are Myname-PC\Myname for username and the password field is empty.

The following system error occurred:  There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. 

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Route', Name of 'Route' was being processed.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Route Id' attribute of the 'Route' dimension from the 'dwCube' database was being processed.

Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

Friday, May 26, 2017 2:36 PM
  • Hey
    I have semester project in which on fourth deliverable i have to deploy cubes to my professor. I made dimension and fact tables bu when i try to deploy cube some errors re shown (deploying cube on VS 2012). Please help me with it. Errors are listed below.

The following system error occurred:  There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. 

Thanx 

• Merged by Limitxiao Gao Monday, May 29, 2017 6:15 AM The same thread
    Saturday, May 27, 2017 8:41 PM
  • Hi Nida,

Thanks for your response.

In this scenario, do you  have an underlying database called "Datawarehouse" in your SQL Server Database?

Does this local account Myname-PC\Myname have permission to access that underlying database "Datawarehouse"?

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, May 29, 2017 2:14 AM
  • Where I can check is my local account having permission to have access that underlying database
    Tuesday, August 18, 2020 1:59 PM