Azure Blob storage latency RRS feed

• Question

• If i need to read information from blob storage what would be the latency ? How often should i refresh the access token of the session ? 
    Saturday, June 23, 2018 1:01 AM

All replies

• You can verify throughput and latency from metrics for a storage account. Metrics give you an idea of the latency and throughput of the application. The metrics you configure in the portal are in 1-minute averages. If a transaction finished in the middle of a minute that minute data is halfed for the average. In the application, the upload and download operations were timed and provided you output of the actual amount of time it took to upload and download the files.

For more information on latency please refer this link.

Storage account keys are 512-bit strings created by Azure that, along with the storage account name, can be used to access the data objects stored in the storage account, for example, blobs, entities within a table, queue messages, and files on an Azure file share. Controlling access to the storage account keys controls access to the data plane for that storage account.

An access token is a form of security token that a client can use to access resources that are secured by an authorization server.

Let me know if there are still any questions I can help with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by VeeraGiri Babu Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:01 AM
    Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:00 AM
  • Checking in to see if the above response helped to answer your query. Let us know if there are still any additional issues we can help with.

• Edited by vikranth s Monday, June 25, 2018 7:21 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 7:21 PM