How to get Assigned To Column of Task from Database Table of Sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I want to create one query on Task, in which i need to fetch all the data from Task A & Task B (Both have same template, same fields) One Extra Button to Export that in Excel, Sorting Feature on each Column.

For that i have queried on UserData Table join with List & UserInfo. that works fine till that Task Assigned To Column has single Value.
    When it changed to mulitple inputs problem starts. Initially assigned to is stored in UserData "Int1" Column.
    But now, it is blank. I don't know where it stored and with which relationship...

If anyone has any idea on that please provide me the help on the same.

If anyone has any idea how we can achieve these all feature from Sharepoint Designer they can also provide me the help at here.

Thanks & Regards, Brijesh Shah
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, June 6, 2011 9:36 AM SPD questions except workflow go to the Design/Customization forum (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, June 6, 2011 6:52 AM

Answers

• Am I reading this properly that you are trying to query the content database directly or do I just need more coffee?

You are never supposed to query the Content Databases directly. That's why Microsoft created the object model and web services. If you are not connected to a farm, Web Services is the way to go here. 

If you are using SPD you need to look at using a DataView Web Part or Web Services.. you can even use jQuery with Web Services.. but do NOT query the content database directly. 

I'm not even sure how to answer your question because of all your references to the Content Database, if you can rephrase concentrating on the Lists and their relationships in SharePoint you would probably get a lot more responses to your request.

Good luck to you! and stay out of the Content Database! :)

Mark

The SharePoint Hillbilly
    Fewer Big Words... More Pretty Pictures... http://www.SharePointHillbilly.com
    • Proposed as answer by Parvez Akkas Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brijesh Shah Tuesday, June 7, 2011 4:58 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 3:12 PM