none
Recover deleted emails in Outlook Express... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Prompt please...

Is there any way to recover deleted e-mail messages in Outlook Express? An important message was accidentally deleted from the Deleted items folder. It seems as the e-mail client stores all data in files of the *.dbx format. Incidentally I found some program, it seems as it something took out from deleted, but for some reason not everything, that is, through it is possible to see some deleted letters, but I will repeat not all :(

Whether there is still any option of recovery of the deleted letters?  Thanks!

Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:06 PM

Answers

• All these *.dbx files are the letters which are simply collected in a heap. But to see how and restore can only letters, only marked as deleted. If compression of folders was carried out which physically delete letters from the file - then, of course,  is all. Need to find by the same Norton, WinCommander with view64 or I'd rather Easy Outlook Express Repair.   

http://www.mail-repair.com/

The beginning of the letter it usually Return-Path, and from there it is already simple to cut out as much as necessary and to write down with the eml extension. Outlook itself will understand that the superfluous. 

• Marked as answer by KennethWarner Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:20 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Mudrik,

The forum is for developers. I'd recommend asking non-programming questions on the Outlook IT Pro Discussions or Microsoft Community forum instead.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 4:18 PM
  • All these *.dbx files are the letters which are simply collected in a heap. But to see how and restore can only letters, only marked as deleted. If compression of folders was carried out which physically delete letters from the file - then, of course,  is all. Need to find by the same Norton, WinCommander with view64 or I'd rather Easy Outlook Express Repair.   

http://www.mail-repair.com/

The beginning of the letter it usually Return-Path, and from there it is already simple to cut out as much as necessary and to write down with the eml extension. Outlook itself will understand that the superfluous. 

• Marked as answer by KennethWarner Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:20 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:21 PM
  • Thanks for Help!
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:20 PM