Can't find my App by searching Marketplace RRS feed

• Question

• I've had my first App published and I can find it in the store via the link in Dashboard but I can't find it by searching the Marketplace (by keyword or name). Is there a delay before it shows in searches?

Thanks

Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:41 PM

All replies

• We have same thing. We can not find our game "Drive Hard Taxi"!
    Friday, January 11, 2013 7:27 AM
  • I can't find my game by searching or on any list.  It has been about 40 hours since it passed certification.  Does it typically take more than the 24 hours that is mentioned in the email?
    Friday, January 11, 2013 4:15 PM
  • It seems that updating search database in store takes much longer time (about 3 days) to index new applications. Currently I also have one app which can not be found by search and even it doesn't visible in our company application list. I will wait for another two days and suggesting same to you. If after that period there are will be no changes lets open support tickets.
    Friday, January 11, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Hi,

this same:

My app was published on 09/01/2013 and is still not visible in marketplace!

I sent 2 support ticket and no answer!

Michal

Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:46 AM
  • Now we can find our game drive hard taxi using search, but you can not see it in any list. So why there is many weeks old games in new category but not under week old game??? It feels like our game was newer made. Half year of work going down to toilet!
    • Edited by JuJu-Apps_ Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:27 AM
    Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:27 AM
  • My app was certified on the 9. Jan and is not available on my device, which is a Windows Phone 8.

All my older apps that have been published a year ago (very old SDK) show fine on my Windows Phone 8.

This new app shows in the online store in germany:

http://www.windowsphone.com/de-de/store/app/hqrapidlearning/eb1d1380-6883-46c5-979a-31129d543f43

but it can not be downloaded by me.

It says it supports Windows Phone 7.5 and 8.0, still it will never show in the store for my Windows Phone 8 cellphone.

Microsoft seriously needs to get their whole marketplace completely redone, it all works about as bad as it has from the start. Countries, payments, tax stuff, certification, submitting, its all a mess.

It is just impossible to actually make money with programming Windows Phone apps, because getting your app to actually show in the marketplace to users is not accomplishable. It will not even show under the NEW apps tab, so whatever app you write will never be found by anyone. If it even shows at all.

I actually kind of stopped supporting Windows Phone a year ago for these reasons, but now I was trying it again with this app I wrote for myself, but its all as bad as it used to be a year ago.

Seriously Microsoft, what have you been doing in the last year?

Welcome, reality.

• Proposed as answer by My Lord Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:43 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Kingstepper1 Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:52 PM
    Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:17 AM
  • My App (published Jan 9 ) appeared in the Marketplace on Jan 12 so ~72 hours later.

Microsoft should amend their communications. Apps might be published 24 hours after certification but rather pointless if they can't be found for a further 2 days. I shall know next time.

Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:58 AM
  • So, I finally found my app in the Marketplace in the New+Rising list.  It was in 262nd place in its category (games / card & board).
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:50 PM
  • Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are seeing longer than expected publishing and indexing times with our Store. I'm going to follow up internally to ensure there's no active issues. In the meantime, if you're app is taking more than 48 hours to be searchable, please submit a support request so we can log the issue for further investigation.

Also, for feedback on the Windows Phone Store or Dev Center, use the "Feedback" link that's on the bottom header of the page. It's one of the best ways to get your voice heard.

Thank you

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:57 AM
  • I have same problem. Yesterday i published my application - MedScheduler. I can only see it through PC web browser. I can not see it through Marketplace from my phone/device. It can't find my app - yes, I tried search using all keywords that I defined in app hub.

I will wait 3 days more. Maybe search dictionary will be refreshed.

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:26 PM