none
Voice recognition for home automation using two or more kinect`s microphone array RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello

This is something I have been messing around with for a couple of years, I am a beginner when it comes to software but I figured the best way to learn, was to do.

I decided I want a voice activated home automation system, I have written a lot of the code in C#, but there is still a long way to go but something that I always got stuck with was the audio input. Using my laptop Mic works fine close up but at any distance is a waste of time, I have bought a couple of  cheap boundary Mic's but the results are not great, and dedicated array Mic's are to expensive. but the kinect has an array Mic and the results are promising so far but, to cover the whole house would require a few kinects connected to a single computer, and then I`d have to make all of the USB array Mic's (kinects) available to my software, and have my software listen to them all, at the same time.

Doing this is beyond me at the moment, if someone knows and has the time to explain thats great, if not then some direction, where to look for help doing this.

Than you very much

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:39 PM

All replies