Data Filtering + Delivery System RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I am trying to develop a Data Delivery + Filtering System and would like to see if anyone has worked on developing a system like this before. Here is the description:

I want to develop a system that allows users to filter data and distribute data to various customers using various delivery mechanisms (i.e. HTTP POST, Web Service, FTP) and delivery formats (for e.g. CSV, XML etc). This data currently resides in SQL Server 2005 DB over multiple tables. The filtering rules will be provided by a customer and can be generic rules that can be applied globally over customers or can be very customer specific. We want to have a functionality similar to that of Outlook where we defined Email Rules etc. We would like to have Standard Rules that can be configured and custom rules that can be added as plug-ins dynamically.

I also want to translate the filtered data into a format and structure expected by the customer (again defined by transformation rules) and then depending on the frequency of delivery, deliver the data to the customer using the customer’s preferred method of delivery.

In case data does not reach the customer, or if the customer flags the data as bad data, we need to have a failure mitigation system as well.

I am thinking of a good way to solve this problem using a Plugin based approach using Reflection and Attributes. However, I wanted to know if anyone has worked on rule based filtering systems and can provide me with some guidance on the same.

Regards,
    Anup
    Monday, August 18, 2008 10:45 PM

All replies

• I think what you are looking into could be built as adhoc report module using SSRS, Business objects, SAS, etc.,
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:19 AM
  • There's probably a number of different ways to do this.  I'm sure the technologies suggested by GajaKannan would meet your requirements.

My initial thought would be to investigate the use of biztalk as it sounds like you want to manage and distribute data between businesses.  Sounds like an integration problem.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:13 AM