none
Loading rendered report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a 3 layer windows application. I have built a Reporting Server and i want my application to render the reports on the report viewer control from the server. I don't want the application as in the report view control on the form to directly access the reporting server. the call needs to go from a web service to my business layer and that should call the SQL server and get the report and i want to show that on the UI.

How can i configure the report viewer to show the report. I can get the rendered report in a bite array and save it in any format but how do i show it on a report viewer control.

Which  ProcessingMode should i use. If any one has done this please help.

Regards
    Sauarbh
    Friday, April 20, 2007 7:10 AM

Answers

• To render a report from a report server, you use Remote mode.  This does require the viewer to have access to a report server (SOAP and url access).  If you have already rendered the report and have the result, there is nothing for the report viewer control to do.  It won't be able to interact with a byte array to export to other formats or perform interactive functions (toggles, drillthroughs, etc), since it has no where to send the events and get updated renderings.  You could provide a proxy to the report server, but ultimately, the viewer control does need to be able to make calls to a report server in remote mode.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:17 PM

All replies

• To render a report from a report server, you use Remote mode.  This does require the viewer to have access to a report server (SOAP and url access).  If you have already rendered the report and have the result, there is nothing for the report viewer control to do.  It won't be able to interact with a byte array to export to other formats or perform interactive functions (toggles, drillthroughs, etc), since it has no where to send the events and get updated renderings.  You could provide a proxy to the report server, but ultimately, the viewer control does need to be able to make calls to a report server in remote mode.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:17 PM
  • Thanks for confirming Brian, I reached to the same conclusion.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 4:11 AM