Issue with applicationname.exe.config file when using with COM Interoperability RRS feed

• Question

• I wrote an application in c# which uses Microsoft Enterprise library. The data access components uses the following code

to connect to the database. The database connection string is picked from the clients config file.

Applicationname.exe.config file.

Database db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase();

Now the issue is when I have to call a data access method from the above component in vc++ using COM Interoperability.

I'm getting the error.

"This application has failed  to start because the application configuration is incorrect.Review the manifest for
    possible errors. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem. for more details, please see the application event log."

I manually added the ClientApplication.exe.config file with has the right database connection string in XML format.

Monday, April 28, 2008 1:17 PM

All replies

• Thank you for using the Interoperability Forum. After reviewing your posting, we have decided that the subject matter is more appropriate for the Visual C++ Language forum and have moved your posting to that forum.

You will continue to receive notifications of any response to your posting...

Monday, April 28, 2008 3:46 PM