none
Sharepoint 2010 approval task process "When a task expires" equivalent in 2013?

Question

• Hello,

The title should explain it all but here is the description.

I've created a task process in 2013 OOB workflow. In 2010 there was a section "When a task expires" under "Change behavior of single task" and i used to define that to take actions once it's past it's due date. 2013 doesn't have that option within a task configuration. What are my options?

Thanks!

Monday, January 16, 2017 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Shaak1,

Did you create workflow in SharePoint designer?

Yes, when creating task workflow 2010 in SharePoint designer 2010, there is "When a task expires" under "Change behavior of single task" when clicking the name of the task. But when creating task workflow 2013 in SharePoint designer 2013, there is no such settings. It is by design.

There are workarounds. You could create workflow 2010 in SharePoint designer 2013. Or start workflow 2010 in workflow 2013 by adding “Start a list workflow” action.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Hi Shaak1,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 1:23 AM