none
Help With Offline Backup

Question

• I'm trying to create an offline backup seed to send to MS for my Azure backups. Where do I find the following info:

Azure Subscription ID - Provide the Azure subscription id in which you plan to initiate the Azure Import job. If you have multiple Azure subscriptions, use the ID associated with the Import job.

• Azure Storage Account - Enter the name of the Azure storage account that will be associated with this Import job.
    • Azure Storage Container - Enter the name of the destination storage blob where this job’s data will be imported.

John Marcum | Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Client Management
    My blog: System Center Admin | Twitter: @SCCM_Marcum | Linkedin: John Marcum

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

The import/export service only supports classic storage account. subscription ID is available in the Azure classic portal. From the classic portal  please go to settings you will able to see subscription ID.

The Get-AzureSubscription cmdlet gets an object with the common subscription settings, including subscription ID and management certificate information.

For more information, refer below link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn495302.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

You must have an existing Azure subscription and one or more classic storage accounts to use the Import/Export service. For information on creating a new storage account, see How to Create a Storage Account.

Run the following cmdlet to find out the name and status of the storage accounts in the current subscription:

Get-AzureStorageAccount | Format-Table -Property StorageAccountName, Location, AccountType, StorageAccountStatus

The Get-AzureStorageContainer cmdlet lists the storage containers associated with the storage account in Azure.

Regards,

Vikranth S.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:08 AM