none
Changing the server name for WCF-Custom Adapter gives Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I was using the WCF-Custom adapter with Typed Polling for a Table on my local machine, it was working fine even when I was polling from the BizTalk test server to my local machine it was fine, now I've moved my Table to the testing server and wanted to point the BizTalk Receive location to read from that Table instead of the one on my machine, copied the data then changed the URI setting in the recieve location

From               mssql://MachineName/SQLEXPRESS/BillingDB?InboundId=FinishedBatch   (my local machine)

To                   mssql://MachineNAme/BillingDB?InboundId=FinishedBatch                       (Test Server)

now when I enable to location I get errors

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2009
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2009
    Event ID: 5644
    Description:
    The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "WcfReceiveLocation_SqlAdapterBinding_TypedPolling_FinishedBatch_Custom" with URL "mssql://MachineName/BillingDB?InboundId=FinishedBatch" to the adapter "WCF-Custom". Reason: "Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at Microsoft.Adapters.Sql.SqlAdapterConnection.OpenConnection()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Adapters.Sql.SqlAdapterConnection.OpenConnection()
       at Microsoft.Adapters.Sql.ASDKConnection.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Guid clientId, TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.ConnectionPool.GetConnectionHandler[TConnectionHandler](Guid clientId, TimeSpan timeout, MetadataLookup metadataLookup, String& connectionId)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Channels.AdapterChannelListener`1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint.Enable()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint..ctor(BizTalkEndpointContext endpointContext, IBTTransportProxy transportProxy, ControlledTermination control)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiver`2.AddReceiveEndpoint(String url, IPropertyBag adapterConfig, IPropertyBag bizTalkConfig)".

Then the adapter Shuts down. What is the issue?

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:12 AM

Answers

• If you're using default instance the URI should look like this (notice double slash between host and db name):

mssql://MachineNAme//BillingDB?InboundId=FinishedBatch

http://geekswithblogs.net/paulp/
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:35 PM

All replies

• The error says (in general), that the connection to the new database could not be established.

1. Ping the Server (just in case you misstyped)

2. Check the firewall, if TCP connection is enabled from the BizTalk server.

3. No instance named. Try adding the instance name to the connection string.

4. Check the credentials. Are you allowed to read the data.

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:29 AM
  • If you're using default instance the URI should look like this (notice double slash between host and db name):

mssql://MachineNAme//BillingDB?InboundId=FinishedBatch

http://geekswithblogs.net/paulp/
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:35 PM
  • ohauth,

Ping works fine and when I use the same user to log in from Management Studio it is fine (what do you mean by no instance named?)

Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:56 AM
  • Paul,

You're right. it was the double back slash. Thanks!

Saturday, May 15, 2010 6:03 AM
  • Thanks, I ran into the same problem. This helped :)

mayur macwan

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:56 AM