Azure AD Connect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Would anybody know if there is a restriction on what OU's can be synced to Azure AD from the local on-prem AD?

I'm trying to sync:

CN=Application Contacts,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=***,DC=***

However, this doesn't show in the GUI to be chosen and when adding the path manually in via Advanced, it doesn't pick it up when running the Full Sync (no additions appear).

Does Azure AD connect not pick up this up by some default rule?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, July 5, 2019 8:17 AM

Answers

• I'm trying to sync:

CN=Application Contacts,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=***,DC=***

However, this doesn't show in the GUI to be chosen and when adding the path manually in via Advanced, it doesn't pick it up when running the Full Sync (no additions appear).

It looks like you're trying to synchronize objects from the configuration partition. Azure AD Connect is scoped to objects in containers and Organizational Units (OUs) in domain partitions.
    • Marked as answer by K_S_C Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:32 AM
    Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:31 PM

All replies

• Hi K_S_C,

By default AD Connect is configured to sync all objects in all OUs.

Is there maybe a filter applied that might be preventing it from syncing? 

Can you make sure there aren't any filters applied, check and uncheck the OU, and run the sync again? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/hybrid/tshoot-connect-objectsync

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Friday, July 5, 2019 8:00 PM
    Owner
  • I'm trying to sync:

It looks like you're trying to synchronize objects from the configuration partition. Azure AD Connect is scoped to objects in containers and Organizational Units (OUs) in domain partitions.
    • Marked as answer by K_S_C Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:32 AM
    Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:31 PM
  • I'm following up on this, please remember to mark one of the responses as answer if your question has been answered. If not please let us know if there are anymore questions.

Thanks!

Friday, July 12, 2019 9:43 PM