<p> tag and CSS Stylesheet Problem in .Net 2005 MObile Application RRS feed

• Question

• User1777321731 posted

Hi All,

I am not able to find any good solution where i can apply <p> tag and also css class in my .Net Mobile Applications in 2005 version. The exact problem i am facing is when the page gets render the <p> tag doesn't appear only in the source in emulator or in Mobile device also.

Please help me out for this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

Amit Shah

Friday, July 27, 2007 3:10 AM

Answers

• User113421904 posted

Hi Amit,

The <p> tag is HTML tag, does your device suport HTML? And you need to check whether it support CSS as well.

The ASP.NET mobile controls have a set of style properties allow you to control visual aspects. However any style property is advisory, and is honored only on target devices that support it. Here is link contains example which demonstrates user-defined styles in ASP.NET mobile controls:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.mobilecontrols.style(VS.80).aspx 

Hope it helps!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:20 AM

All replies

• User113421904 posted

Hi Amit,

The <p> tag is HTML tag, does your device suport HTML? And you need to check whether it support CSS as well.

The ASP.NET mobile controls have a set of style properties allow you to control visual aspects. However any style property is advisory, and is honored only on target devices that support it. Here is link contains example which demonstrates user-defined styles in ASP.NET mobile controls:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.mobilecontrols.style(VS.80).aspx 

Hope it helps!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:20 AM
  • User1777321731 posted
    Dear Zhao Ji Ma, First of all Thanks for your Help on the issues mentioned and sorry for replying after a long time. The link has definitely helpe dme to learn about how to incorporate the style element in the WAP site build with .NET 2.0, but my problem is still lies with the fact that suppose i am using Nokia 6610i and when i access the WAP page, with tag

some where and style attribute in it, through GPRS it gives me error message saying "Response Unknown" and in simulators it says "NO Gateway Reply". But the funny part is if i do apply

tag in WAP page developed using JAVA Technology then it gives me the output on my Nokia 6610i with

tag also in it. I am not understanding the thing y it is not supporting

tag when i develop something using .NET 2.0 Hope you got my point and i would appriciate if you could help me out on this issue. Thanks and Best Regards, Amit Shah

Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:56 AM