Excel 2010 PowerPivot Corrupt after Savings with Worksheets Grouped RRS feed

• Question

• If I accidently save my Excel 2010 PowerPivot model with worksheets grouped it breaks. The excel file will no longer update from the PowerPivot model. Is there a way to fix the file after this?
    Monday, September 28, 2015 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Waldo,

According to your description, you are experiencing Excel 2010 PowerPivot Corrupt after Savings with Worksheets Grouped issue in your PowerPivot data model, right?

It's hard for us to give the root reason that cause this issue based on the limited information. You can try to use a trace file to troubleshoot errors in PowerPivot. PowerPivot has an option to create a trace (*.trc) file which will describe, in excruciating detail, each step that is happening behind the scenes. Please refer to the link below to see the details.
    http://www.sqlchick.com/entries/2013/3/24/using-a-trace-file-to-troubleshoot-errors-in-powerpivot.html

If this issue still persists, please share your steps to us so that we can reproduce this issue on my test environment. So that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, October 12, 2015 2:22 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:23 AM