InfoPath 2007 scan Barcode to query data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there Everybody!

In Access I have some code that allows me to scan ID card's barcode.  This then extracts the SSN and pulls up the individuals data.  Has anyone attemted such an amazing feat in Infopath 2007?  If so, I would greatly appreciate your direction.  Thank you in advance, this is the best forum, one day I hope to be able to provide answers instead of just questions.

Thanks!

Jeff

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:00 PM

Answers

•  

Hi super8jeff,

Are you mean you can use barcode to query data in InfoPath? As far as I know, it is difficult to achieve it. After my search, I find an article about it, you can refer to it.

http://www.idautomation.com/infopath/

Thanks,

Jack

Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Once you implement something like Jack's suggestion from idautomation.com, you can use a rule for the field you are populating.  The rule will get triggered when the value changes, and can be defined to query some other datasource for the info you are interested in finding.  Pretty basic stuff.

/bac

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:24 PM

All replies

•  

Hi super8jeff,

Are you mean you can use barcode to query data in InfoPath? As far as I know, it is difficult to achieve it. After my search, I find an article about it, you can refer to it.

http://www.idautomation.com/infopath/

Thanks,

Jack

Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Once you implement something like Jack's suggestion from idautomation.com, you can use a rule for the field you are populating.  The rule will get triggered when the value changes, and can be defined to query some other datasource for the info you are interested in finding.  Pretty basic stuff.

/bac

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:24 PM
  • Gentlemen, thank you for the advice.  I did hope that there was some code written that was free.   

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 1:13 PM