Cannot Install Secure Boot Policy on Surface RT - The Policy Is Not Correctly Signed.

Question

• I've recently sent my Surface RT into warranty and after a new one has come back, I am unable to install the Secure Boot Debug policy on it to work with Windows Kits. Going through the install process has prompted me with a new screen:

-- Secure Boot Policy Applicator --

To obtain a Secure Boot Policy for this device, forward the information below to your device contact:

Device ID: 9C3C937B-B2F8D894

PK Hash: ....

The policy is not correctly signed.

How can I install the debug policy on my Surface RT? Would it be possible to obtain a secure boot policy signed for my device? Thank you.

Sunday, June 22, 2014 5:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you see ARM Kit Policy Installation documentation for information on how to install Kits policy?If you want to install the kits policy in surface RT, Please see the documentation with install this without keyboard:

If you don’t have a keyboard, use the Volume Down button to select Accept and install and press the Windows button.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, June 23, 2014 5:21 AM
  • Please read my question again. I am not having issues clicking "Accept and install", this option simply does not appear and Surface RT throws an error saying "The policy is not correctly signed." instead of the selection screen.
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:37 AM