NFC RRS feed

• Question

• User353838 posted

Does anyone has an idea on how to implement NFC in Xamarin Cross-platform(iOS and Android)? I had tried several ways to implement it with no success. Thanks

Monday, October 16, 2017 3:54 PM

All replies

• User2148 posted

https://github.com/poz1/NFCForms I have used this

Monday, October 16, 2017 6:17 PM
  • User353838 posted

That github link only supports Windows and Android. I need iOS along with Android. I will figure it out to implement iOS. Thanks

Monday, October 16, 2017 6:28 PM
  • User274033 posted

Try this: https://github.com/smstuebe/xamarin-nfc

It's got a implementation for IOS, Android, and Windows phone

Remember to update your plists in your project as well as your provisioning profiles

Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:57 AM
  • User64909 posted

@aw2

Have you used this already?

Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:35 AM
  • User64909 posted

@Sam_Rock said: That github link only supports Windows and Android. I need iOS along with Android. I will figure it out to implement iOS. Thanks

Did you figure out a design for iOS as well?

Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:37 AM
  • User274033 posted

@Abhijeet_Surya

i didn't use that plugin, i ended up writing my own code to handle NFC for IOS which was based off what i posted.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:38 AM
  • User64909 posted

Thanks, @aw2.

I guess you are also using Xamarin Forms.

correct me on this, does NFC enabled only for iPhone 7 onwards?

Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:17 AM
  • User274033 posted

@Abhijeet_Surya

For IOS it needs to be iphone 7 or above and it must be running IOS 11

Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:22 AM
  • User385023 posted

@aw2 said: @Abhijeet_Surya

i didn't use that plugin, i ended up writing my own code to handle NFC for IOS which was based off what i posted.

Hi @aw2 Is there any chance you could share a code snippet? Or help me/the community understand how you did it? There seems to be very little documentation on how to get this working for cross platform Xamarin Forms so I would be eternally grateful if you could help out.

For example: 1) How does your code differ from what they have done over at the GitHub linked? 2) Did you create an interface, and then have platform specific services that implement this interface? Or just one service that implements the interface? 3) Assuming your implementation is similar to the one linked, how do you use the functions from the interface? Is there some sort of event handler you set up? EDIT: Just seen that the interface in the Github has: event TagDetectedDelegate TagDetected;. I guess set up a service that implements this interface, that has some sort of event handler for this event?

Thanks in advance -- Chris

Monday, April 29, 2019 1:15 PM
  • User228108 posted

Hey @Chris_xam !

I highly recommend the Plugin.NFC nuget package, it has a great sample therein as well. I wrote an article on “Getting started with NFC in 5 minutes With Xamarin” that should explain the questions you have -www.bit.ly/2T9sBFy Let me know if you have any other questions

Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:11 AM