none
installed addin not appearing anywhere RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have developed an addin for outlook2013. i installed it on my collegue machine , it was installed succesfully but never load up

    1) checked in inactive application addins - its not appearing there

    2) checked in disabled application- its not appearing there

    3) checked in Mange dropdown and selected Disable items - its not there either

    4) checked in registry - its registered and and load behavior is 3

    5) Checked windows event logs - installation was successful, however when checked  event logs for outlook did not show that addin was loaded

    6) reinstall addin many times - still same issue

    7) deleted the profile  and tried installing addin on new profile- still same issue

    i am ruuning out of ideas what else i need to check

    Thanks


    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:49 PM

All replies

  • Hello Nitrup,

    What Outlook version do you have installed on the machine? Is it x64 or x86 based?

    If you don't see your listed in the COM add-ins dialog in Outlook, the required windows registry keys were not added properly (or to the correct hive). See Registry Entries for Application-Level Add-Ins for more information.


    profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:55 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

    Many thanks for your reply. 

    This is outlook 2013 -32 bit on 64 bit machine

    i checked the registry entries and its fine . Also i tried installing same addin on different machine and it worked fine without any issue and same addin was working on affected machine till noon before i uninstall it and then reinstall it and then it start behaving badly

    i also tried to install an addin with different product version and product code but issue reamins same.

    at last we had to reinstall outlook and then it worked.

    I still do not have any clue why it happened


    • Edited by Nitrup Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:13 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:13 PM
  • Hi Nitrup,

    it looks like something get corrupted or get changed when you uninstall the addin.

    so when you install that again , then it did not work.

    reinstalling the outlook correct that corruption or changes.

    so it started working again.

    now you can check that it happens with other machines too.

    try to uninstall the addin from another machine and again try to install it and test whether you can reproduce the issue or not.

    so that we can find that issue is related with specific machine or with your addin.

    Regards

    Deepak


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:25 AM
    Moderator