How to develop Multi-lingual website for all data stored in database RRS feed

• Question

• User1052662409 posted

Hi All,

I need to develop a web application as multi-lingual.

I can do it for some static content by using Resource (.resx) files or using google api and it works fine for that content/text.

Now the issue is that for example I am binding a dropdownlist/gridview or any other control which is showing the data fetched from database, it doesn't show in different language. It will remain same as it is stored in database.

Is there any other way to do that so that you can get stored data in your selected language.

Please share any information. 

Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:15 AM

Answers

• User61956409 posted

Hi demoninside9,

Now the issue is that for example I am binding a dropdownlist/gridview or any other control which is showing the data fetched from database, it doesn't show in different language. It will remain same as it is stored in database.

Is there any other way to do that so that you can get stored data in your selected language.

Firstly, as mgebhard shared, if possible, you can achieve it by modify database table structure to maintain culture-record(s) relationship.

Besides, it seems that you are going to use some Translation API(s), such as Microsoft Translator API or Google Translation API etc. You can retrieve records from database and dynamically translate returned data to a specified language, and regenerate a new dataset with translated data, so that you can bind the data bound control (DropDownList/GridView etc) with that new dataset you translated.

With Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 2:18 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Simply add a culture column to the lookup table and fetch the dropdown option by culture similar to .resx files.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 1:52 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi demoninside9,

Firstly, as mgebhard shared, if possible, you can achieve it by modify database table structure to maintain culture-record(s) relationship.

Besides, it seems that you are going to use some Translation API(s), such as Microsoft Translator API or Google Translation API etc. You can retrieve records from database and dynamically translate returned data to a specified language, and regenerate a new dataset with translated data, so that you can bind the data bound control (DropDownList/GridView etc) with that new dataset you translated.

With Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 2:18 AM