Performing generated animations in sequence

Question

• My app involves multiple animations (in my case, DoubleAnimation) that I want to execute in sequence. Because the same property of the same object cannot be used in the same Storyboard, I am forced to make multiple Storyboards, manually determine the Begintimes, and use the Completed event in some cases. I think the name of the class "Timeline" is very misleading, because it is just a base class for some of the animation and related classes. Is there any easy way to basically create a collection of animations (such as DoubleAnimation, PointAnimation, ColorAnimation, etc.) and have them animated in sequence, rather than go through the extra work of calculating Begintimes and creating multiple Storyboards when the same property is being set? I (and probably many others) would find this very useful when doing multiple animations at the same time. Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Monday, May 04, 2015 8:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Nathan,

Not sure if its too late to reply.

And for your question, no, I don't think XAML can do this easily, in XAML the control property is start time and end time, but if you programmatically play the animation one by one, the completed event can do whatever for you.

Key-frame animations could be also a good suggestion for you to assign when to start play the animation. Key-frame animations and easing function animations

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 18, 2015 10:00 AM

All replies