MS Word 2007 and XML RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Word Doc that contains certain areas of text I want to export to an XML file based on a schema I developed. I assigned this schema to the Word doc, surround the areas of interest with the XML tags, and attempted to save as an XML doc. No dice on the format I wanted. Is there a way to export to XML based on the defined Schema?
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Stephen

It's not completely clear what it is you tried, although I think I follow the first steps. You inserted the pink tags that derive from the attached schema, correct?

And then, if I follow your requirement correctly, you expect to be able to save only the XML out of the document, into a well-formed and valid XML file (based on your scheman)?

You need to save as the file type "Word 2003 Document XML" in order to be able to use the "Save Data only" option.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Thursday, October 7, 2010 8:57 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Stephen

It's not completely clear what it is you tried, although I think I follow the first steps. You inserted the pink tags that derive from the attached schema, correct?

And then, if I follow your requirement correctly, you expect to be able to save only the XML out of the document, into a well-formed and valid XML file (based on your scheman)?

You need to save as the file type "Word 2003 Document XML" in order to be able to use the "Save Data only" option.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Thursday, October 7, 2010 8:57 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:25 PM
  • I'll give that a whirl. Thanks!
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:53 PM