How can I safely delete the Relink Documents view? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with a number of form libraries that we use on our intranet. Some of the forms contain sensitive information which should not be accessed by all staff. Unfortunately there is the Relink Documents view (which comes as a default with all form libraries) that shows all forms submitted to that form library. This means all staff have the ability to see this sensitive information if they click on to that view. Not the best piece of design by Microsoft.

I can delete this view using SharePoint Designer but have seen posts online saying not to do that. Can you recommend a way to safely remove the Relink Documents view from my form libraries?

Monday, July 25, 2011 10:51 AM

Answers

• I don't delete it, but I use Target Audiences to hide it from users.  Go to the Relink Documents View, then:

• Site Actions
    • Edit Page
    • Click to modify shared webpart (on the top right of the Relink Document view)
    • In the webpart properties scroll down to the bottom and expand the "Advanced" node
    • In the Target Audiences box type a name of an admin group - only users in this group will see the webpart
    • Apply
    • Ok
    • Exit edit mode
    • Marked as answer by majrmarcee Monday, July 25, 2011 3:38 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:36 PM

All replies

• I don't delete it, but I use Target Audiences to hide it from users.  Go to the Relink Documents View, then:

• Site Actions
    • Edit Page
    • Click to modify shared webpart (on the top right of the Relink Document view)
    • In the webpart properties scroll down to the bottom and expand the "Advanced" node
    • In the Target Audiences box type a name of an admin group - only users in this group will see the webpart
    • Apply
    • Ok
    • Exit edit mode
    • Marked as answer by majrmarcee Monday, July 25, 2011 3:38 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Great tip! It seems to work a treat! Thanks Melissa.
    Monday, July 25, 2011 3:38 PM