none
Can we enable mail apps based attachement type or attachment name? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can we enable mail apps based attachement type or attachment name?

I have requirement to enable mail app only for OWA. I have mail items which have different attachment names for outlook and owa. So based on this, I want to enable mail apps only OWA not outlook.

If anybody knows solution, please help me.

Regards,

Ravi Nalla

Hewlett-Packard

ravinalla

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Specific to mail apps is being able to use the Rule element to define specific contexts where the mail app is relevant and therefore Outlook should activate it. The Rule element is mandatory.

As far as I know, there is a rule named ItemHasAttachment, but I'm afraid we could not add filter condition with attachment type or attachment name. So it's hard to achieve the goal.

More details please refer to: Creating a manifest for a mail app to activate in a read form in Outlook

If you have any suggestions about the development of App for Office, please feel free to feedback them to user voice.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:20 AM