I cant read the selected value of a comBoBox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a combobox, the values of the combobox are loaded from a BindingTableAdapter, the code is the following:

Private Sub CenterComboBox_DropDown(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CenterComboBox.DropDown

If CenterComboBox.Items.Count = 0 Then

CenterComboBox.DisplayMember = "IDCenter"

CenterComboBox.ValueMember = "IDCenter"

CenterComboBox.DataSource = Me.CuadroMandosTableAdapter.GetDataByIdCentroMando()

End If

End Sub

The values appear in the comboBox, and I select a value from it, but  the problem is that when I try to do CenterComboBox.SelectedValue(), it says me that CenterComboBox.SelectedValue()  is Nothing instead 1.

I think that the problem is ubicated, in the code I have put it above. But I dont know what I have done wrong.  Maybe have I to iterate over the values of the GetData instead of assign directly to CenterComboBox.DataSource? I dont know......... but I am desperate.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me to solve this question.

Regards

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:24 AM

Answers

• Not such a fine place to set that combobox, can you try it in the Forms Load event.

(Doublce Click somewhere on the form than you get it)

While to get the value you can use the event which shows up when you double click your combobox. (selected index change)

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by iker garcia Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 10:43 AM

All replies

• Not such a fine place to set that combobox, can you try it in the Forms Load event.

(Doublce Click somewhere on the form than you get it)

While to get the value you can use the event which shows up when you double click your combobox. (selected index change)

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by iker garcia Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 10:43 AM
  • Hi cor,

I have solved the issue using the selectedValueChanged event

Thanks for your help

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:25 AM