none
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED) RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

im using Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core.dll this assembly for some pupose, its working fine in development machine but after publsihed on server it is not working and raising this error retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)). my server is Windows 2008 and both place i insalled Ms-office 2007, any body know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks In Advance, Jeyaseelan
    Friday, January 13, 2012 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeyaseelan,

Thank you for posting.

>>its working fine in development machine but after publsihed on server it is not working

After reading your post, I knew that you want to use server-side automation of Office. As far as I know, Microsoft does not recommend and support automation of Office on the server side. For more details, please refer to this kb article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257757

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

This article also describes the alternative technologies: Open Xml, word automation service.

Hope you can figure out about this and thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, January 23, 2012 6:05 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:36 AM

All replies

• can i get any solution?
    Thanks In Advance, Jeyaseelan
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Hi Jeyaseelan,

Thank you for posting.

>>its working fine in development machine but after publsihed on server it is not working

After reading your post, I knew that you want to use server-side automation of Office. As far as I know, Microsoft does not recommend and support automation of Office on the server side. For more details, please refer to this kb article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257757

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

This article also describes the alternative technologies: Open Xml, word automation service.

Hope you can figure out about this and thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, January 23, 2012 6:05 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:36 AM
  • Hi Jeyaseelan,

How about the problem on your side? Do you still need any assistant about the problem? If you still show any concern on the problem, just feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Bruce Song [MSFT]
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:16 AM