How to add reports to TFS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have moved TFS 2013 update 2 to update 4 to different server.

Even sql version has changed from 2012 to 2014. I have configured report server and restore the encryption key. But if i go to the report site, it is empty.

I have found this link to add reports https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn130125(v=vs.120).aspx

But we have few custom work item types other than the default ones. We do not have the custom process template with us?

Please help.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:07 AM

Answers

• Rajesh;

There are two options.

Option 1: Export all your reports from the old TFS report site. (Use Visual Studio to create a report project and import all the reports from the server) , then upload them to the new site. You would likely have to tweak data sources.

Option 2: Make a backup of the ReportsServer and ReportServerTempDB and restore both to the new TFS SQL Reports server.

If you use option two, you would then have to restore the encryption key to the database.

Hope this helps

Gord

Gord

Monday, November 30, 2015 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi, Rajesh

If all of your team projects have the same issue that the report site is empty?

Could you please tell me is there any custom reports in your team project before you updated? If you haven’t customize any reports, you could follow the steps in the link you mentioned above.  And the custom work items will not have an impact on reports.

If the method in that link doesn't work, I suggest you to try the way in the link below and the first question in this article talks about how to move reports. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd936138%28v=vs.120%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thursday, November 26, 2015 1:34 AM
  • Rajesh;

There are two options.

Option 1: Export all your reports from the old TFS report site. (Use Visual Studio to create a report project and import all the reports from the server) , then upload them to the new site. You would likely have to tweak data sources.

Option 2: Make a backup of the ReportsServer and ReportServerTempDB and restore both to the new TFS SQL Reports server.

If you use option two, you would then have to restore the encryption key to the database.

Hope this helps

Gord

Gord

Monday, November 30, 2015 7:26 PM