[UWP] Modeling/prototyping UWP app tools RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have to modeling/prototyping a UWP app. This is the first time for me. After any research, I found SketchFlow. It seems it's the perfect tool to do the job. But I see that it isn't supported by Blend for Visual Studio 2015.

So, which tool(s) can replace it ?

Most of software like Axure hasn't Windows UI components...

Thanks for help!

Samuel

• Edited by Fred Bao Monday, March 7, 2016 2:04 AM add the tag
    Friday, March 4, 2016 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hello Samuel LIOULT,

>>So, which tool(s) can replace it ?Most of software like Axure hasn't Windows UI components...

Based on my research, it seems there are not an official tool from Microsoft that can do this since from VS 2015, while there are some apps in the windows store that provide the prototype functionality, you could open the store and in the search box to type the “prototype” key words, and you should be able to find serval apps(I do not sure if they meet your requirements, you could try them one by one).

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, March 16, 2016 2:59 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2016 3:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Samuel,

here are some templates and resources for doing rapid prototypes. Personally, I prefer PowerPoint.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/design/assets

Does this help?

Friday, March 4, 2016 10:19 AM
  • Hi Filip,

Thanks for reply. I appreciate your help but with PowerPoint it isn't very easy to do interactions between differents application pages. Also, it isn't easy to simulate a menu for example.

Samuel

Friday, March 4, 2016 10:34 AM
  • Hello Samuel LIOULT,

>>So, which tool(s) can replace it ?Most of software like Axure hasn't Windows UI components...

Based on my research, it seems there are not an official tool from Microsoft that can do this since from VS 2015, while there are some apps in the windows store that provide the prototype functionality, you could open the store and in the search box to type the “prototype” key words, and you should be able to find serval apps(I do not sure if they meet your requirements, you could try them one by one).

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, March 16, 2016 2:59 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hi Fred,

Sorry for delay. I searched on the store but the applications I tested did not meet me. So I continue with PowerPoint ...

Samuel

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:07 AM