Office Developer Tools in VS 2015 community edition not visible RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the office developer tools for VS2015 successfully (without error message) but I cannot see the office templates in VS 2015. Does the developer tools not work in the community edition or is there another reason known?

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:11 PM

Answers

• Hallo Joyce,

thank you for your fast answer. This helped me to solve my problem.

I installed the VS2015 VS 2015 Community Edition. I also installed the office developer tools. According to your screenshot this should work.

I had no information which .exe file I have to execute to start VS. I assumed it is blend.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE because this was in the list of the last executed programs after installation. Blend.exe runs fine, I can develop and run applications, but I cannot see the office developer tools.

The solution is: To execute VS I have not to start blend.exe but devenv.exe in in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE. Doing so I have access to the office developer tools.

Best regards

Jo Kolade

• Marked as answer by jokolade Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:57 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi jokolade,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please refer to the thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/2967004f-c5a5-4d9b-8d1b-824aa7f12e9f/where-to-get-office-developer-tools-for-visual-studio-2015?forum=officegeneral

You can install the Office Developer Tools in the Community Edition by using the Web Platform Installer. The direct link to our download is here: http://aka.ms/officedevtoolsforvs2015

I have test it on my visual studio community 2015, after installing it you could get office developer tools.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 5:44 AM
  • Hallo Joyce,

thank you for your fast answer. This helped me to solve my problem.

I installed the VS2015 VS 2015 Community Edition. I also installed the office developer tools. According to your screenshot this should work.

I had no information which .exe file I have to execute to start VS. I assumed it is blend.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE because this was in the list of the last executed programs after installation. Blend.exe runs fine, I can develop and run applications, but I cannot see the office developer tools.

The solution is: To execute VS I have not to start blend.exe but devenv.exe in in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE. Doing so I have access to the office developer tools.

Best regards

Jo Kolade

• Marked as answer by jokolade Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:57 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:56 AM