Using a Queueing System for notification Messages. For 100 % Delivery Gauranttee RRS feed

• Question

• User-1204637165 posted

Dear All,

So I have built an application that handles several kinds of transactions for merchant. I am trying to build a microservice that would give notification to my merchants.

So my requirement is to ensure that messages deliver even if there is network problems. I am suppose to ensure that there is not failure point at any conditions.

So technical requirement involves I ensure that messages are queued so if there is network problems. So I send messages to another services that would be needing it.

I would also send messages to my merchants through a web hook or call back url. Please Queueing system do I use.

Any materials that I can read up on.

Best Regards,

JIde

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 7:23 PM

Answers

• User-474980206 posted

RabbitMQ is free, but you will need a service bus infrastructure to host the RabbitMQ listeners. With the move to cloud services, RabbitMQ dropped support of theirs.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:08 PM
  • User1120430333 posted

I want to learn that why am here. The task is on me.

I have seen SB used that has queues for guaranteed queue processing that was used to send emails via MS SQL Server. SB can execute C# or VB.NET code hosted by MS SQL Server.

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/service-broker-part-1-service-broker-basics

Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:32 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

a queue is just part of the design. The queue listeners need to detect failure and requeue the item. They must also maintain state so that if they fail the item in not lost. You will also need duplication detection. 

you are not going to get enough info to write a fault tolerant system from a forum. You should plan on about a month or two of study of writing reliable systems. 

Sunday, May 24, 2020 4:36 PM

All replies

• User-1204637165 posted

Anyone with experience with Message Queuing in .net.

I have been reading on RabbitMQ seems there is a default one in .net.

Please is RabbitMQ complete free for commercial use.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:27 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

RabbitMQ is free, but you will need a service bus infrastructure to host the RabbitMQ listeners. With the move to cloud services, RabbitMQ dropped support of theirs.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:08 PM
  • User-782232518 posted

A system with high availability and reliability requires much more resiliency and elegant design than merely "a queueing system". Hire an experienced consultant and that's much more efficient.

Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:14 AM
  • User-1204637165 posted

Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:41 PM
  • User1120430333 posted

I have seen SB used that has queues for guaranteed queue processing that was used to send emails via MS SQL Server. SB can execute C# or VB.NET code hosted by MS SQL Server.

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/service-broker-part-1-service-broker-basics

Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:32 AM
  • User1034446946 posted

azure has a storage emulator you can run locally and is free

you can run Storage Queues on it to get started, then build from there, but it can get complicated quickly, there are so many options and things to consider.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/queues/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-queues?tabs=dotnet

Sunday, May 24, 2020 12:59 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

a queue is just part of the design. The queue listeners need to detect failure and requeue the item. They must also maintain state so that if they fail the item in not lost. You will also need duplication detection. 

you are not going to get enough info to write a fault tolerant system from a forum. You should plan on about a month or two of study of writing reliable systems. 

Sunday, May 24, 2020 4:36 PM
  • User-1204637165 posted

Dear Bruce,

Thanks alot, I appreciate. I have some information that I can start with.

Best Regards,

Jide.

Sunday, May 24, 2020 5:14 PM