none
Need to read cells in excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a newbie to VBA, but have played around with Macros and created some before.

My question is, If I have data in the form of tables, for example:

Attempts Table

Successes - Process 1              67

Failures - Process 1                  23

These values that come (67 and 23) need to be linked to another spreadsheet, which is fairly simple once I get the numbers. However, sometimes, there are no failures, which makes a table like the one below:

Attempts Table

Successes - Process 1              90

So my question is, is there any way that I can make the link to the other spreadsheet a repeatable macro? So that means, is there any way that I can get excel to recognize that "Failures" is missing and therefore return a value of "0" under failures in the linked spreadsheet?

Detailed responses would be much appreciated :)

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I am a newbie to VBA, but have played around with Macros and created some before.

My question is, If I have data in the form of tables, for example:

Attempts Table

Successes - Process 1              67

Failures - Process 1                  23

These values that come (67 and 23) need to be linked to another spreadsheet, which is fairly simple once I get the numbers. However, sometimes, there are no failures, which makes a table like the one below:

Attempts Table

Successes - Process 1              90

So my question is, is there any way that I can make the link to the other spreadsheet a repeatable macro? So that means, is there any way that I can get excel to recognize that "Failures" is missing and therefore return a value of "0" under failures in the linked spreadsheet?

Detailed responses would be much appreciated :)

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:40 PM
  •           There is apparently a VBA Forum you may want to ask that question in: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/isvvba/threads
    Friday, May 25, 2012 7:46 PM
  •        You may want to take a look at this site too: http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/Topic.aspx
    Friday, May 25, 2012 7:55 PM