none
Running SSIS with password

Question

• I have created a package in Visual Studio called UpdateVehicles.dtsx.  It runs fine if i set protection level to "don't save" or "use user key".  However I need to use "EncryptSensitiveWithPassword".  But when I do, if I run it used DTEXEC, I get this:

C:\Workbench\DeiselFuelSystem\DFS_Update\DFS_UpdateData\DFS_UpdateData>dtexec /f updatevehicles.dtsx /de abc1234
    Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility
    Version 13.0.1601.5 for 32-bit
    Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
    Started:  5:09:11 PM
    Error: 2017-06-08 17:09:11.22
       Code: 0xC0010018
       Source: UpdateVehicles
       Description: Error loading value "<DTS:ConnectionManagers xmlns:DTS="www.microsoft.com/SqlServer/Dts"><DTS:ConnectionManager DTS:refId="Package.ConnectionManagers[DestinationConnectionOLEDB]" DTS:CreationName="OLEDB" DTS:DTSID="{4FDA59EE-19FE-49A5-8022-CFE3B74AECC8}" DTS:ObjectName="Destin" from node "DTS:ConnectionManagers".
    End Error
    Could not load package "updatevehicles.dtsx" because of error 0xC0010014.
    Description: The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.
    Source: UpdateVehicles
    Started:  5:09:11 PM
    Finished: 5:09:11 PM
    Elapsed:  0.062 seconds

For one thing if you look in the error it refers to " ObjectName="Destin" " however no such object exists anywhere.

- Help

• Edited by XetarPrime Thursday, June 8, 2017 10:14 PM
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi XetarPrime,

Can your execute the package successfully with no password using DTEXEC command?

Your DTexec command is correct. Based on the error message "This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.
    Source: UpdateVehicles", please try to manually re-register the MSXML6 Dlls on the system.

For example on a 64-bit system, re-register both the 32-bit and 64-bit Dll2:

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml6.dll
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 %windir%\SysWOW64\msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 %windir%\SysWOW64\msxml6.dll

For more information, please refer to: You may get an error message when trying to load or save a SSIS package

If it still does not work, you could add parameters to log more information and share it here.

Best Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 5:41 AM
  • Sorry but I tried all of that to no avail.  I'm going to do something different to solve my problem.  Thanks for trying.

- Aaron Cunningham

Monday, June 12, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Hi XetaPrime,

Can you share more information so that we can provide more assist for this issue?

Thanks,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 8:40 AM
  • I Have the same problem in SSIS as XetarPrime has that apparently was not answered properly. My environment is on Windows 2016 Server.

I have created a package in Visual Studio called Test.dtsx.  It runs fine if i set protection level to "don't save" or "use user key".  However I need to use "EncryptSensitiveWithPassword".  But when I do, if I run it used DTEXEC, I get the same error:

error 0xC0010014.
    Description: The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014

Do we know what the answer is to the problem?

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:15 PM
  • To pass the password in DTEXEC

/De[crypt] password

Also look at the answer at this question 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/89aa43e1-3562-4cc3-8c9a-6f5624038213/job-fails-when-calling-an-ssis-package-with-decrypt-option-set?forum=sqlintegrationservices

Friday, January 11, 2019 8:41 PM