creating a custom linux image with blender 2.79b RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone! 

I am exploring the possibilities of distributed rendering on azure with batch explorer.

I loved the fact that out of the box you get a lot of tools for 3d rendering, even specifically for blender. However I am having some trouble setting it up for my needs.

On batch explorer the blender gallery template is not up to date. I tried to render something and I was getting black geometry. After some troubleshooting I understood it was because of the principled shader that has only been added in 2.79. If I don't use the principled shader all is good, so I believe the version of blender in the template is outdated. 

For this reason I am trying to find a way to create a custom linux build with blender 2.79b, but I got stuck. I am a bit lost with all the guides, tutorials and so on. 

It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction for what I actually need to do.

Thank you very much for any help in advance!

Bernardo

Saturday, August 25, 2018 4:20 AM

All replies

• Are you looking for assistance with actually setting up Blender in a Azure VM or the creating a custom image part? 
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:22 PM
  • Any update on this? 
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 12:51 AM
  • Any update on this? 
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 12:51 AM