[UWP] System calendar not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, when updating the display name for an appointment calendar, it's not refreshing in the built-in calendar app until you close the app, and reopen it.  However other actions, such as creating a calendar show up immediately.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hello TaskBasic,

>>Hi, when updating the display name for an appointment calendar, it's not refreshing in the built-in calendar app until you close >>the app, and reopen it.  However other actions, such as creating a calendar show up immediately.

I tested your code and it seems for me the behavior is a bit different when I tested on Windows 10 machine. If my calendar app is open when I do any activity like add or edit appointment calendar the calendar app closes automatically its not that I need to manually close it and open again.

>> However other actions, such as creating a calendar show up immediately.

Even if I just do CreateAppointmentCalendarAsync it closes automatically if its open. I think its really related to the calendar app it self rather then the API.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by Krunal Parekh Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Krunal Parekh Monday, February 15, 2016 9:45 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hello TaskBasic,

>>when updating the display name for an appointment calendar, it's not refreshing in the built-in calendar app until you close the >>app, and reopen it.  However other actions, such as creating a calendar show up immediately.

Can you please provide minimum code or sample project in which this issue is reproducible so I can test it on my side? I checked the official Appointment calendar sample but how are you updating the display name for an appointment calendar ? Through API or directly from the app?

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:14 AM
  • To create the calendar
    var AppointmentStore = await AppointmentManager.RequestStoreAsync(AppointmentStoreAccessType.AppCalendarsReadWrite);

await AppointmentStore.CreateAppointmentCalendarAsync("Added");
    To change the display name
    var AppointmentCalendar = (await AppointmentStore.FindAppointmentCalendarsAsync(FindAppointmentCalendarsOptions.IncludeHidden))[0];
    AppointmentCalendar.DisplayName = "Edited";

await AppointmentCalendar.SaveAsync();

Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:49 AM
  • Hello TaskBasic,

>>Hi, when updating the display name for an appointment calendar, it's not refreshing in the built-in calendar app until you close >>the app, and reopen it.  However other actions, such as creating a calendar show up immediately.

I tested your code and it seems for me the behavior is a bit different when I tested on Windows 10 machine. If my calendar app is open when I do any activity like add or edit appointment calendar the calendar app closes automatically its not that I need to manually close it and open again.

>> However other actions, such as creating a calendar show up immediately.

Even if I just do CreateAppointmentCalendarAsync it closes automatically if its open. I think its really related to the calendar app it self rather then the API.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

• Proposed as answer by Krunal Parekh Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Krunal Parekh Monday, February 15, 2016 9:45 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:17 AM
  • Hi Krunal, I do agree that this is a problem with the calendar app itself.  I just wasn't sure who to direct this matter to.  Even though the calendar app is not operating properly, I am able to successfully verify that the api is working correctly in this case.
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:04 AM