none
CE6 : Cold boot problem since QFE 131031_2013M10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using a Digi BSP platform for ConnectCore 9M (ARMV4i) and I have updated my QFEs to 31/12/2013.  Since then if I boot my platform with a SD card in my HS/MMC slot and try to call KernelIoControl(IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL); The system will never reboot as long as the SD card is inserted.

To make my platform reboot I need to remove the card from the slot and it will reboot.

Now, if I boot my platform without the SD card in the slot and wait the system is fully started before inserting the card.  I can reboot it by calling the KernelIoControl() without any problem.

It looks like something related to the power management of the SD card which blocks when we are calling the IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT IO control.

Anyone has any ideas or suggestions?  

Thank you

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:56 PM

All replies

• If you are using WinCE7, the Dec 2013 QFE modified many of the SD libraries in   public\common\oak\lib\...

You could try going back to Nov 2013 QFE, without changing anything else, and see if that fixes it.  If so, submit a bug to Microsoft (yeah, right)

Sue Wolber

Monday, February 24, 2014 10:59 PM
  • I am using CE 6.0.  I updated the QFE and restore the SD files before Nov 2013 for now.  It may be also in our BSP but I have to spend some time investigating.

Thank you for your answer.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:45 PM