TFS Web Access Extension -- Limit to one TPC? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a multi-tenant instance of TFS 2012 Update 2 installed, with clients separated by Team Project Collections. One of the clients is interested in having an extension (namely Task Board Enhancer) installed. As this may not be of interest to other clients on the isntance, I was wondering if there is any way to limit the functionality of Web Extensions to just one TPC. Or, more generally, to select which TPCs are affected by which extensions.

Is this something that needs to be considered when the extension is developed? Or is there a simple setting during or after installation that I'm unaware of?

• Edited by Reza Etezal Monday, July 8, 2013 5:58 PM clarification
    Monday, July 8, 2013 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Reza,

Thanks for your post!

Based on my understanding, Task board is limited in Team Project, can you explain in detail why do you what it limited in Team Project Collections?

If I misunderstand you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Extensions are server wide. 

So you can't limit it to a single TPC (with out of the box features that is).

There are some options, though

1. modifying the extension to be TPC aware (which would go against the license)
    2. Limiting the files that are served with URL Rewrite
    3. Use a custom ASP.NET handler to limit this to TPCs

Visual Studio ALM MVP -- http://pascoal.net

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:27 AM
  • Hi Cathy,

This is not about the board in particular. I want to be able to limit the extensions installed under Web Access to a single TPC, regardless of what they modify.

Please see Tiago's response.

Thank you

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:05 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, Tiago.

I appreciate that you've provided possible workarounds, but do you have TPC-awareness on your backlog of future "features"?

Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:36 AM
  • Hi Reza,

Thanks for your feedback!

I would suggest you to report this issue on our User Voice Portal:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Every feedback submitted will be evaluated carefully by our engineers.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:43 AM