Metro App Popup control delay rendering on Basic Page template, but not on Blank Page

Question

• Hi,

I am writing a Metro app with xaml and c++ on RTM build.

I have a blank page with some controls and a Popup on it. The size of Popup and the child grid of Popup are fullscreen.

When the app has launched I can only see the child grid of Popup, which is I am expecting.

But when i use Basic Page with same controls and Popup, I can see all the controls rendered first, then the child grid of Popup rendered and cover all other controls.

I don't know why the behavior is different between Blank Page and Basic Page.

Please take a look, Thanks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:39 AM

Answers

• You can change the root Grid style to remove the transitions in LayoutRootStyle to the same style you are currently using in your BlankPage root Grid to get the same behavior. This is what you want to change in the default BlankPage.xaml:

<Grid Style="{StaticResource LayoutRootStyle}">

Thanks!

David Lamb

• Marked as answer by RobinLu75 Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:52 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:56 PM

All replies

• You can change the root Grid style to remove the transitions in LayoutRootStyle to the same style you are currently using in your BlankPage root Grid to get the same behavior. This is what you want to change in the default BlankPage.xaml:

<Grid Style="{StaticResource LayoutRootStyle}">

Thanks!

David Lamb

• Marked as answer by RobinLu75 Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:52 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:56 PM
  • This really helps, thanks a lot!
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:52 AM