Cannot find wrapper assembly for type library "ORADCLib" RRS feed

• Question

• User1312098465 posted

Hi all,

I have been having sleepless night over the error above. There is a level of inconsistency in the way VS2010 report built error. I am working on an insurance application. I havde the presentation layer, the Business logic Layer and the Data Access Layer. My RDMS is Oracle 10G and use VS2010 ultimate. I worked to a stage and i decided to build the application and test it. At first it shown the warning above. Without any further modification to my application, I built the application like 10 times, it displayed the warning "Warning 112 Cannot find wrapper assembly for type library "ORADCLib". PolicyBusinessLogiclayer" and error "Error 102 Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\a-agbato.CONTROL-OFFICE\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\GeneralInsuranceManager\AgencyBusinessLogicLayer\bin\Debug\AgencyBusinessLogicLayer.dll' could not be found PolicyManager" like 8 times. The rest built indicated "Build Successful".

I wonder why such level of inconsistency. I did not change add or remove anything from the application. Same Development status but different behavious. Each time i get "Build Successfull" the application get loaded by IE. on the other hand i get the error "Could not load type 'PolicyManager.Policy_Views.PolicyManager'"after loading the application by IE.

Can anybody assist me with solutions to this problem.

Thanks  in anticipation

Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:58 AM

Answers

• User269602965 posted

As a general practice,

I publish my other projects supporting my application into the BIN folder of my web or office application

AgencyBusinessLogicLayer\bin\Debug\AgencyBusinessLogicLayer.dll

could be published to  mywebsite\bin\

++++

put ORADCLib.dll and Oracle.DataAccess.dll in the application bin folder as well and make LOCAL reference = true

Of course you will have to be careful to use the correct version of these dlls matching your Oracle Client on the application server.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:21 PM
  • User1312098465 posted
    Thanks Lannie. Your recommendation helped out.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:13 AM

All replies

• User269602965 posted

As a general practice,

I publish my other projects supporting my application into the BIN folder of my web or office application

AgencyBusinessLogicLayer\bin\Debug\AgencyBusinessLogicLayer.dll

could be published to  mywebsite\bin\

++++

put ORADCLib.dll and Oracle.DataAccess.dll in the application bin folder as well and make LOCAL reference = true

Of course you will have to be careful to use the correct version of these dlls matching your Oracle Client on the application server.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:21 PM
  • User1312098465 posted
    Thanks Lannie. Your recommendation helped out.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:13 AM