none
why Visualstudio professional 2015 not showing Core temepaltes?

Question

• Hii all;

I have visual studio professional 2015 in my system.

I am update the visualstudio by using latest update-3 but still i am not getting any new features which in update-3 like .Net core Template and XAMRIN etc.

My system configuration is :- Ram --> 4gb , Processor- Intel core 2 duo, O/S-Windows 10 pro.

So what i am thinking update-3 is not installing properly in my meachnine due to configuration; or any thing else happening ?

Please help me to know about this ?

S.K Nayak

Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:20 AM

Answers

• Hi S.K Nayak,

>>Now having an doubt that is it create any system hang problem when i run VS ???

Based on your system configuration, to reduce memory pressure, I suggest you go to Control Panel to modify your VS, uncheck some packages or components which you needn't use for program development.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 19, 2016 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Nayak,

Thanks for your post.

For your question, update 3 only contains a part of the new features, some others still need you to manually download and install.

You would like to install the .Net core Template and XAMRIN, right?

They need to install separately from the Visual Studio Update 3.

Here is .Net core SDK download link:

https://www.microsoft.com/net/download

For Xamarin, you may go to Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features, Select Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and click on 'Modify'

Check the (Xamarin v4.1.1 ) and apply to it, please see the screenshot:

In addition, you may also check if there is any other components or packages you need for program development, select and install them will be ok.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 8:45 AM
  • Thanks for quick reply.

I did the above thing before you reply comes.

What i did is I google by VS Upadate3 and download it from:-

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/releasenotes/vs2015-update3-vs

then open that file it shows me all option and i checked all the options(that is select all) which showed me it will take 32gb and i click next and finished all the installation.Now having an doubt that is it create any system hang problem when i run VS ??? because

My system configuration is :- Ram --> 4gb , Processor- Intel core 2 duo, O/S-Windows 10 pro.

Is it required to again going to modify option and un-install some feature.

Suggest me.

S.K Nayak

Thursday, September 15, 2016 2:38 PM
  • Hi S.K Nayak,

>>Now having an doubt that is it create any system hang problem when i run VS ???

Based on your system configuration, to reduce memory pressure, I suggest you go to Control Panel to modify your VS, uncheck some packages or components which you needn't use for program development.

Best Regards,

Monday, September 19, 2016 9:21 AM