display multi language RRS feed

• Question

• User-1471881183 posted

hi all,

in my web page, top of the page a dropdown is displaying there we are displaying language names based on  that we are showing bulk of text, my doubt is how can we display the languages eventhough the client machine not having other language fonts(languages as Chinese, Japanese, French, Tamil etc.,).

Monday, April 19, 2010 5:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• User-1200560727 posted

Hi,

Please go through my below post:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1544401.aspx

I hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,

Tapan

Monday, April 19, 2010 6:11 AM
  • User-1364446067 posted

hi all,

in my web page, top of the page a dropdown is displaying there we are displaying language names based on  that we are showing bulk of text, my doubt is how can we display the languages eventhough the client machine not having other language fonts(languages as Chinese, Japanese, French, Tamil etc.,).

You can display all of these in your DropDownList, like this..

foreach (System.Globalization.CultureInfo cinfo in
                System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultures(System.Globalization.CultureTypes.SpecificCultures))
                {
                    DropDownList1.Items.Add(new ListItem(cinfo.DisplayName, cinfo.Name));
                }

--

Mark as answer, if it answers you..

--

Monday, April 19, 2010 7:03 AM
  • User-1636183269 posted

The entire font is sent to the client with the applet as a single file from which the Render method can extract individual fonts with following an
    algorithmic mapping from the encoding. In this way you can display all fonts even it is not present in client side.

Monday, April 19, 2010 12:17 PM
  • Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:43 PM
  • User-1471881183 posted

hi all whatever  you have suggessted is right.

My requirement is, the user post their contents in an AJAX editor then i'll store those content into my database as Text Column format and have to display the content on appropprate pages, here my doubt is if the user post any Chinese font content then it has to display on all others machine(who dont have chinese fonts on their machine). How to do that?

if i normally follow the above way will it display or i have to change any meta tag....etc.,

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:09 AM
  • User-1200560727 posted

Please go through below link:

http://www.codeproject.com/kb/aspnet/Encoding_in_ASPNET.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:28 AM