**Need Urgent Help**Connection not working between Biztalk and MQ RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a situation where Biztalk sends messages to the MQ and gets back the reponse. BUt Biztalk is unable to make connection with MQ.

When a drop a file on Biztalk It gives the following error:

Event Type:           Error

Event Source:       BizTalk Server 2009

Event Category:   (1)

Event ID:                3421

Date:                      11/20/2011

Time:                      2:09:14 PM

User:                      N/A

Description:

A message sent to adapter "MQSC" on send port "mp1" with URI "sender_MQ" is suspended.

Error details: Failure encountered while attempting to open queue. queue = sender_MQ, queueManager = Qmanager, reasonCode = 6124

MessageId:  {xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}

InstanceID:  {yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy}

I check over and over if there is a problem with the binding files but it doesn't. They are good. And i am not sure why it is unable to make the connection.

Reason Code: MQRC_NOT_CONNECTED (6124)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:16 AM

Answers

• The Following error:

The attempt to allocate a conversation using TCP/IP to host 14024was not successful. 

The error may be due to an incorrect entry in the TCP/IP parameters contained in the channel definition to host 14024.  Correct the error and try again. If the error persists, record the error values and contact your systems administrator. The return code from the TCP/IP (connect) call was 10051 (X'2743').  It may be possible that the listening program at host 14024is not running.  If this is the case, perform the relevant operations to start the listening program for protocol TCP/IP and try again.

was caused by different application. Sorry for the confusion.

As for my problem one of the following should have fixed it. I was not sure when got fixed as i was worrying about errors due to other app's

1)      The channel was changed from inactive to running.

2)      Restarting the Queue Manager.

3)      Changing   the region of the channel.

• Marked as answer by raghu3119 Friday, December 9, 2011 3:53 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 3:53 AM

All replies

• I such situations I'm creating the simple C# app to get access to the external service (in your case it is the MQ). It always helps to localize the problem. And this will not take much time. Usually there are many code samples in the blogs and forums.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk: Sample: Context Routing and Throttling with orchestration
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:16 AM
  • I do agree with Leonid's suggestion. Also go through this blog mentioning the same problem in this case the real issue was authorization you can check if same is the case with you and can try the same solution.

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:25 AM
  • I had the same problem and below are the steps that I took to resolve the issue.

1. Double/Triple check if Qmanager, queue, channel name is all correct.

2. Figure out which user account is used by the Send port handler. ( You can find that from the respective Host instance )

3. Give this user account to the MQ administrator.

4. The MQ administrator should create a local group called mqm and add the above user account into that group. The mqm group should be given access for that particular queue manager.

Let me know if it still have the problem.

Shankar 

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:16 PM
  • I followed on the above 4 steps you mentioned over and over again probably 10-15 times each. Everything looks good i did not have to change anything.

The MQ server should not be the problem because it is processing claims for other applications on other servers.

It just doesn't work for my application and My server only has only 1 MQ installed on it and it is not working.

I created some C# apps and checked... and the connections are good.

Any other views on the problem?

Friday, December 2, 2011 3:21 AM
  • Hi,

Can you try restarting the queue manager and if that doesnt help, try restarting the MQ server itself. It didnt work for me in the first instance following the 4 steps and I had to restart the MQ server to have that working. Try that and see.

Cheers

Shankar

Friday, December 2, 2011 9:17 AM
  • Is there anyother way without restarting the MQ Server?.

We have some other Queues running on the server and i really dont want to mess the other applications.

Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:10 AM
  • I made a sample application to test the MQ connection on Biztalk and it failed.

This is the error i got:

Allocate failed to host 'xxxxx'.

The attempt to allocate a conversation using TCP/IP to host xxxxx was not successful.

The error may be due to an incorrect entry in the TCP/IP parameters contained in the channel definition to host 12072. Correct the error and try again. If the error persists, record the error values and contact your systems administrator. The return code from the TCP/IP (connect) call was 10051 (X'2743'). It may be possible that the listening program at host xxxxx is not running. If this is the case, perform the relevant operations to start the listening program for protocol TCP/IP and try again.

Can you think of a reason what is causing it.

Any help is appreciated.

Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:55 AM
  • Just checking ...are you using MQ-series (talking MQSeries-server to MQSeries-server)

or MQSeriesClient?  (so no MQSeries-server installed on the biztalk machine)?

Kind regards Isabelledc
    Monday, December 5, 2011 2:51 PM
  • I am talking to the MQ Series on different server.

The Connections were working fine until i messed up the bindings for the application once and i have been trying to fix it but i get the above errors and don't know how to proceed.

I realized today that my MQ Series Name is "PZL14024" The error message is

The attempt to allocate a conversation using TCP/IP to host 14024was not successful.  

The error may be due to an incorrect entry in the TCP/IP parameters contained in the channel definition to host 14024.  Correct the error and try again. If the error persists, record the error values and contact your systems administrator. The return code from the TCP/IP (connect) call was 10051 (X'2743').  It may be possible that the listening program at host 14024is not running.  If this is the case, perform the relevant operations to start the listening program for protocol TCP/IP and try again.

In the error message as you can see it doesn't display the full server name.

I checked my code: there are no hard coded values.

I went to the binding file and checked if there is anywhere i mentioned 14024 instead of PZL14024. But all the bindings where correct. I am unable to find why it is looking for 14024 instead of PZL14024.

i tried changing PZL14024 to IP address 142.54.0.23. but it still gives the same error pointing to 14024. I made pretty sure that i did not make any reference to 14024 anywhere but it still gives the same error. 

Any help is appreciated.

• Edited by raghu3119 Monday, December 5, 2011 9:16 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 8:06 PM
  • Can you please paste the configuration of your MQSC send port. The connection name property should have value like this

BizTalkVM(1414)  -- Note the servername with the port number in brackets.

Cheers

Shankar

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:36 AM
  • The Following error:

The error may be due to an incorrect entry in the TCP/IP parameters contained in the channel definition to host 14024.  Correct the error and try again. If the error persists, record the error values and contact your systems administrator. The return code from the TCP/IP (connect) call was 10051 (X'2743').  It may be possible that the listening program at host 14024is not running.  If this is the case, perform the relevant operations to start the listening program for protocol TCP/IP and try again.

was caused by different application. Sorry for the confusion.

As for my problem one of the following should have fixed it. I was not sure when got fixed as i was worrying about errors due to other app's

1)      The channel was changed from inactive to running.

2)      Restarting the Queue Manager.

3)      Changing   the region of the channel.

• Marked as answer by raghu3119 Friday, December 9, 2011 3:53 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 3:53 AM