none
MVC 5 Razor Visual Studio Professional 2015 Freezes Up When I Try to Add a Tag on .cshtml form

Question

• Here is the error from the tsv file:

Microsoft.VsHub.Server.HttpHost 4316 110 Info ??? IdeUser RegistryWatcher error ThreadAbortException:Le thread a été abandonné.\r\n   à System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitMultiple(WaitHandle[] waitHandles, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext, Boolean WaitAll)\r\n   à System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitAny(WaitHandle[] waitHandles, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)\r\n   à Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Connected.ConnectedUser.RegistryWatcher.MonitorRegistryKey()

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and repaired Visual Studio but the bug persists.

Mike Harrington

Monday, August 22, 2016 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike Harrington,

Thanks for your post.

>>MVC 5 Razor Visual Studio Professional 2015 Freezes Up When I Try to Add a Tag on .cshtml form

How about creating a new MVC 5 Razor form and add a tag into it? Does it have the same problem?

If the error occured for a new  created MVC 5 project. I think there might be something wrong with your MVC 5 project tempalte.

Please follow the steps below to restore the template of your Visual Studio 2015

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE)
    2. In the command prompt, navigate to the location of devenv.exe. This file is located in <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE.
    3. Type "devenv /installvstemplates" and press Enter.

If still no help, since you have tried repaird the Visual Stuio. Please upgrade your VS2015 to VS2105 Update3, the latest update of Visual Studio 2015.

In addition, the error message you offered is not english. Since our forum is english forum. If possible, please transfer the error message to the english languge then share here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:53 AM
  • Sounds like a good answer, Lake Xiao.  I finally gave up and installed Visual Studio Enterprise 15 Preview 3 instead.  This solved the problem.

Mike Harrington

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike Harrington,

Thanks for your post.

>>MVC 5 Razor Visual Studio Professional 2015 Freezes Up When I Try to Add a Tag on .cshtml form

How about creating a new MVC 5 Razor form and add a tag into it? Does it have the same problem?

If the error occured for a new  created MVC 5 project. I think there might be something wrong with your MVC 5 project tempalte.

Please follow the steps below to restore the template of your Visual Studio 2015

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE)
    2. In the command prompt, navigate to the location of devenv.exe. This file is located in <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE.
    3. Type "devenv /installvstemplates" and press Enter.

If still no help, since you have tried repaird the Visual Stuio. Please upgrade your VS2015 to VS2105 Update3, the latest update of Visual Studio 2015.

In addition, the error message you offered is not english. Since our forum is english forum. If possible, please transfer the error message to the english languge then share here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:53 AM
  • Sounds like a good answer, Lake Xiao.  I finally gave up and installed Visual Studio Enterprise 15 Preview 3 instead.  This solved the problem.

Mike Harrington

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:13 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Glad to hear your problem solved. Please mark your reply as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:22 AM